UPDATE: Hallmark Channel’s 2014 “Christmas in July” begins July 4th!

No ratings yet, let us know what you think!

Hallmark Channel's 2014 "Christmas in July" begins July 7th!Hallmark Channel will treat viewers with “Christmas Keepsake,” a holiday celebration beginning on Friday, July 4, 2014 at 2pm ET lasting until Sunday, July 13th at midnight. That’s right! TEN DAYS!

“Christmas Keepsake” is a 24/7 holiday programming stunt featuring the network’s most beloved holiday titles and viewer favorites, including “Debbie Macomber’s Mrs. Miracle,” “Debbie Macomber’s Trading Christmas,” “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” and “The Christmas Ornament.” The celebration will lead up to a “Christmas Keepsake” Special Presentation of “Angels Sing,” starring Harry Connick Jr. and Connie Britton.

Mark Steines and Cristina Ferrare co-hosts of Hallmark Channel’s “Home & Family,” invite you to cozy up and cool down this summer as they capture the Christmas spirit with a full week of holiday themed programming from July 7th-11th.  Mark and Cristina have lit the home with dazzling lights and festive holiday decorations as they are busy in the kitchen baking scrumptious treats for their special guests.   You won’t want to miss the extra special holiday-themed week on “Home & Family,” Hallmark Channel’s daily two-hour lifestyle program where they will open up their home to a lineup of celebrity guests, chefs, designers and experts.

The schedule so far (subject to change):

Friday, July 4, 2014

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Monday, July 7, 2014

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

• 2:00pm – Window Wonderland
  • 4:00pm – A Princess for Christmas
  • 6:00pm – Hitched for the Holidays
  • 8:00pm – Matchmaker Santa

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Friday, July 11, 2014

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Affiliate Disclosure: Please note – we do use affiliate links on this site. This means we might earn a small commission if you click on a link and/or buy something. Both the product links and ads displayed help pay to keep this website running so that I can continue to offer schedule updates.
Thank you very much for your support (and for tolerating the ads) - I appreciate it!

80 thoughts on “UPDATE: Hallmark Channel’s 2014 “Christmas in July” begins July 4th!

• July 14, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Just wanted to say that my wife and I love most of these Christmas movies. They’re usually great fun, especially when you spot all the mistakes, like trees in full leaf in December.

Anybody who doesn’t like Christmas movies can find another channel to watch. There are like 800 of them now. I’m looking forward to 31 October.

• July 12, 2014 at 6:38 AM

I love Christmas movies, but when does “I Love Lucy” come back on?

• July 8, 2014 at 11:25 AM

I love this! Christmas movies in July is a wonderful idea. Thank you!

• July 7, 2014 at 6:12 PM

For those who would like to know Comcast On Demand is airing Christmas in July. A listing of pay per-view Christmas movies all month long for $2.99 per movie. You pay the rental fee once and can see the movies you choose for 30 days.
    Something else for the Christmas in July haters to complain about.

• July 7, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I guess they’re not familiar with the expression: “Turn the other cheek.”
    I’m not going to let a few discontents ruin my viewing pleasure no matter how hard they try. There is so much unhappiness in this world!

• July 7, 2014 at 4:13 PM

A friend introduced me to the Hallmark Christmas ornaments 18 years ago and I’ve been hooked (ha, ha) every since. My daughter and I visit the Hallmark Gold Crown stores every year starting in July for the new ornaments introductions.
    So naturally, when Hallmark started both the Christmas in July and the Countdown to Christmas in November I jumped on board. My love for Christmas has no end and I would never force my likes and dislikes on someone else. But to be deprived of something because of those that don’t enjoy it for whatever reasons is just wrong. To you I say “Get over it, it’s one week!” This is the land of the FREE! So let those of us who enjoy and appreciate the opportunity to watch Christmas movies in July do so.
    PEACE and JOY to you!!!

• July 7, 2014 at 5:16 PM

I have to agree, Tyanne. Someone on the Hallmark Channel Facebook page actually started a petition to stop the Christmas movies from airing anytime before Thanksgiving.

In other words, we — those of us who get great joy and entertainment out of the movies in July and in Nov-Dec — should only be allowed to watch Christmas movies when other people say it is acceptable to view them. They may not like to watch Christmas movies before Thanksgiving, but they don’t have to. They can celebrate their holidays how and when they would like to celebrate, and we are not taking that away from them. If they don’t want to watch Christmas movies until December 18th, they can go right ahead. However, they don’t even want us to have the option to be able to view the movies before their own designated time frames. They don’t want their sitcoms and series interfered with.

There should be many complaints leading up to and all the way through the Countdown to Christmas starting on 10/31, because that will be 2 months of movies and not just 10 days.

• July 7, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I’m not sure who else here has been following the comments on the various Hallmark Facebook pages (especially the page for the regular Hallmark Channel and the page for the Countdown to Christmas), or reading any of the recent comments in the discussion forums of the actual Hallmark Channel website, but one frustrating aspect of this whole schedule change is that it seems that it does not apply to everyone.

In other words, apparently some of us have the “scaled back” version of the Christmas in July schedule — with sitcoms airing in the mornings and late evenings, and only 4 movies each day from Mon-Thurs — while others apparently have the full, original 24/7 schedule (minus the “Home and Family” block) that we were all expecting. Someone mentioned watching “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” a few days ago, and that was nowhere to be found in the first few days of my new, revised schedule — it’s not on until the end of the week, from what I can see Others have said that their line-up is, indeed, 24/7.

Some folks — and it’s hard to tell if this is factual or just how it ‘seems’ to people in the heat of their frustration — mentioned that the July event is actually going on for the entire month of July on their line-ups (which is shocking, as we never saw any indication of it happening all month long), which, of course, is not sitting well with them.

One helpful participant in the Community forums of the Hallmark Channel website said that, as far as she knew, the reason that “…certain markets have edited their schedule this week has to do with the fact that there is a planned take over with cable Verizon, Comcast etc. and federal regulations (they need to fulfill the required syndicated hours), so more to do with corporate reasons than hallmark itself.”

Maybe that’s it? Maybe the sudden schedule change is not something Hallmark wanted to do? Either way, a lot of the movies that were on the original schedule have been removed in many markets, such as “Catch a Christmas Star,” while other viewers — many of them angry viewers — have a more extensive schedule.

One light at the end of the tunnel is that the originally planned November 1st start date of the Countdown to Christmas has been changed to October 31st! I would imagine that this means the movies will run through 12/31 — a full 2 months — and then stop as of 1/1/15. With that long of a marathon, Hallmark will once again be able to air a lot of the movies that didn’t make it into this July event. That 2-month marathon is how I am able to get caught up on some of the older movies I have not yet seen — I know that they will air at some point in the Countdown because there is so much programming space to fill, whereas the July marathon lasts only 10 days.

• July 7, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Thank you for 2014 Xmas movies, much appreciation!

This e-mail is more positive than its’ opposite…BUT—please
    don’t forget us “middle-agers” and seniors who don’t have ready access to computers/schedules/plot info of movies.

Hallmark Channel? Hallmark Movie Channel? It looks like schedule I printed out 7/1 of early a.m. movies are now replaced with regular TV shows. Can understand schedules may/might have to change…BUT— sometimes not all of us “older but still faithful” masses can barely afford cable/need rides to get to sources to watch which means rides, etc. Still thank you!

• July 7, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Hi Patty! Yes, Hallmark Channel changed the schedules removing most of the movies scheduled Monday-Friday of this week. The Hallmark Movie Channel (a different channel) however is still the same 🙂

• July 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Thank you Mrs. Claus. I think I am getting more used to the two channels and how it all works now.

Happy Watching!

• July 7, 2014 at 3:15 PM

While I am enjoying the movies the have allowed us to watch, I wonder if they will stop the debut of their Christmas ornaments since some people don’t like Christmas and apparently control what we are allowed to watch? Everyone was so excited that the movies were going to be on for ten days pretty much nonstop. We are the ones that buy the ornaments, not the people that think ten days of Christmas in July is too much. I do appreciate the ability to watch what is left showing!

• July 5, 2014 at 10:10 PM

I look forward to Hallmark’s Christmas in July movies. My favorites are The Christmas Card, The Christmas Visitor, The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year, Call Me Mrs. Miracle, Undercover Christmas, Hitched for the Holidays, Holiday Engagement, and so many others.

Thanks Hallmark

• July 4, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Hi: My wife and I are in our 80’s and watch your channel a lot. A few things bother us. The constant music in background sometimes is higher in strength than the audio from the actors. Also, while we have no trouble understanding most other TV program actors or commentators. Why is the spoken word of so many actors so mushy? We miss a lot. Is it that your programs are recorded that makes the understanding difficult? tonite the “Christmas Ornament” was one that was hard to follow.

Commenting Rules: Please note, this is not a website that censors speech. Whether you love a movie/tv schedule or hate it, you are free to share your honest, tactful opinion. The only posts that get deleted are those that attack/insult other commenters for having a different opinion.