GAC Family Great American Christmas

GAC Family (formerly Great American Country) launched September 2021 under the tagline “Stories Well Told” featuring family-friendly series, original holiday movies and seasonal romcoms that celebrate faith, family and country. The networks holiday lineup “Great American Christmas” premiered the same year.

Former Hallmark Channel head Bill Abbott is renaming his constellation of family-oriented brands, with flagship GAC Family becoming Great American Family next month. The name change will take place on August 20th, the same day as the start of a new season of movie premieres. Abbot said, “Fans can expect more of the same quality, family-friendly programming they have come to love from our channels, and we look forward to rolling out the new names this summer in time for the return of our original movie premieres.”

Great American Christmas Schedule

GAC Family’s “Great American Christmas” kicks off October 28, 2022, and in anticipation of the second annual holiday programming event, the network is airing encore presentations of 2021’s fan-favorite Christmas movies each Saturday throughout May and June.

GAC Great American Christmas begins October 28th 2022

PLEASE NOTE: Date/times are subject to change (all times shown in Eastern)
**Page last updated on 7/29/22

Check back in for schedule updates throughout the year.

Saturday, July 23, 2022

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Monday, July 25, 2022

Christmas in July Finale on GAC Family

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Monday, August 1, 2022

What channel is GAC Family?

• DirecTVChannel 326
  • DISH NetworkChannel 165
  • HULU LiveSearch GAC Family
  • AT&T U-Verse – Channel 1529
  • Xfinity – Channel 1620

Available on most cable networks. Check with your local provider for channel.

GAC Family Archives

36 thoughts on “GAC Family Great American Christmas

• Pingback: 5 Plus Tips For Happy Christmas Holiday Mental Health - Christmas Everyday Club

• July 23, 2022 at 8:42 AM

My Big Christmas Wish…is to have characters and storylines from Christmas Movies BECOME YEAR LONG SERIES to Replace the older sitcoms that you run. Every movie you make has great potential for “telling the rest of their life’s stories all year long!! This would mean GETTING GREAT WRITERS AND STORYLINES THAT REMAIN FRESH AND WELL TOLD. I believe your actor choices and writers could “think out side the box”☺️📺….and bring the Joy and The Blessings like ❤️When Calls The Heart ❤️ has done. I am still waiting for A movie that features the actors who were on Dancing with the Stars…Like Candace and Danica and Kelly …etc and feature them all in a storyline with their daughters and sons… where the Dance Teacher is unable to finish the Christmas Program and so A few of the Mothers of the dancing children who themselves danced in their earlier years band together and carry out the rehearsals and the performance for this prestigious Dance studio!!! Even featuring themselves in the rolls the Dance Teacher would have danced…with various dance styles and Christmas themes and costuming!! Get story possibilities from your viewers…Truly like a family… working together to make movies and series the whole World wants to see!! Merry Christmas In July🎄🎁☕️

• July 11, 2022 at 9:24 PM

I would love to see “The Christmas List” with Mimi Rogers.

• July 10, 2022 at 9:42 AM

We need more movies like On Golden Pond. Wish they would pick up the Frankie Drake Series.

• July 10, 2022 at 8:17 PM

Great classic Movie. Hepburn and Fonda were great

• July 10, 2022 at 10:37 PM

We need to see “Touched by an Angel ” here

• July 9, 2022 at 8:29 AM

Movies are mediocre with stale storylines . Too much repetition in the movies and the old sitcoms.
    Not impressed .

• July 9, 2022 at 8:15 PM

GAC IS GREAT, Christmas Movies are better than Hallmark and the Sitcoms are great! Do not change a thing.

• July 11, 2022 at 2:11 AM

I hope GAC stays true to its mission statement. Unfortunately, Hallmark has strayed far away from its mission. It was good to see a great number of top tier actors leave Hallmark and go to GAC.

• July 9, 2022 at 10:31 PM

No way!! They are great!! Always a Hallmark fan since I can remember and I was skeptical I wish they had even more movies and less old 30 minute sitcoms maybe eventually they will but this station brings Hallmark up a bunch of notches and I guess part of that has to do with the X head of Hallmark now being the head of GAC!! In any event I love it and I love seeing a mixture of new actors and actors I’m already familiar with❤️

• July 31, 2022 at 4:08 PM

GAC has wonderful family friendly movies! I stopped watching Hallmark after Bill Abbott left. I could not watch a movie on Hallmark with my 10 year old granddaughter because of questionable subjects that are not suitable for family viewing. Keep up the great movies! I really appreciate the amazing actors that have left Hallmark and truly care about wholesome family friendly movies.

• July 4, 2022 at 11:36 AM

agreed–if I don’t start seeing something other than old, old reruns, I’m canceling my frndly subscription

• May 26, 2022 at 6:38 PM

Any chance of granting Signed, Sealed Delivered away from Hallmark and creating new ones? Or just getting anything new created by Martha Williamson? She has the best uplifting storylines that always are character building thoughtful and kind. Something much needed in this world!

• July 9, 2022 at 5:40 PM

Yes. Please new SSD shows
      We’ve been asking for years… great following for this show.

• April 15, 2022 at 5:45 PM

When will your movies that premiered a few months ago be rebroadcast? It’s easy to find your daily schedule of old television shows, but some of your newer movies need to be shown some more? Like “Harmony From the Heart,” for example.

• April 21, 2022 at 1:23 PM

I feel the same way. I see all of the old TV shows like Bewitched, Who’s The Boss, etc but I’d like to see some new movies or even bring back the new Christmas movies they aired last year—anything but the current crop at Hallmark! Also any plans to air a new home show like one with Cameron Mathison formerly at Hallmark?

• April 12, 2022 at 5:46 PM

We don’t need more halmark christmas movies.

• April 16, 2022 at 2:37 PM

No, we need family friendly movies that are harder to find on HM. Everyone does similar story lines, even UPTv, which we also enjoy, and is family and faith based.

• April 26, 2022 at 10:42 AM

Since most of my favorite actors have defected from Hallmark, I definitely want to see more movies. I don’t want all old reruns. I’m old enough to have seen them all first time around